Sunday, September 11, 2011

歌ってみた Album Review - Crystal Box

To be honest, Choucho's Crystal Box is the first utattemita album I've ever downloaded. I don't really know at that time if many utaite also release albums and I don't even know who the heck is Choucho. But now I'm feeling no regret.

1. Silence
You'll first listen slow-flowing tunes and Choucho's soft voice. She doesn't sound if she got difficulties singing slow songs. Then you'll continue hearing drums in the songs in the middle of the song. After that, Choucho's going back to the slow parts. The interlude is kind of nice I'll say. I'm not really a fan of interlude because I like to wait for the vocals. But in this song it's enjoyable. The drums also nice, but I don't know in some parts I feel it's a bit off. All-in-all, in this song you'll hear Choucho's high toned voice. Kinda nice for a beginning song, isn't it?

2. エンプティBOX
This is a more easy-listening song from Choucho with her higher voice that the first song. It doesn't have drums and kinda slower. But I love the instrumental, mixed with Choucho's high and light voice. Sometimes you don't notice if the song already ends (well, I don't). The instrumental is kinda simple, just like that. So I think it shows Choucho's singing skills more. She doesn't fail, really.

3. Bitter&Sweet
This is my favorite song from the whole album. You'll get some country-song feelings at first (because there's.. a trumpet plays?). The it continues with Choucho's singing, followed by guitar plays until the end (except the interlude). The lyrics are kinda clear, even if you don't understand Japanese because the instrumental doesn't cover the vocal itself. The song isn't fast and I enjoy it.

4. In the Garden
This time, it's kinda rocky. You'll feel it when you listen to the guitar plays because you'll guess the song is a normal pop song at the beginning. Also somehow Choucho's voice sounds more adult (kinda reminds me of Fate/Stay Night OP 2). The instrumental is more like a fantasy anime OP. I love the part where the instrumental plays slowly and Choucho's voice sounds like it stands alone. Well of course, it's followed by the rock parts.

5. かえりみち
My 2nd favorite song. It's also easy to sing-along like Bitter&Sweet. If In the Garden more like a fantasy anime OP, then this one is the ED for a school-life anime. Nothing's unusual with this song. Just like other J-pop songs (at least for me).

You'll also get a bonus track in the album. Well I'll just keep my mouth shut about it so it'll still be a bonus. All I can say, you can hear Choucho's moe voice here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment