Friday, December 16, 2011

歌ってみた Album Review - PointFive (.5) Doushinen

Damn school! Because I've been absent for weeks, I was left-behind in class which made me don't understand lessons and stuff. I also haven't filled some scores so this week, I should finish them. I know my scores would be bad if I still have blanks but.. filling ALL blank scores in a week? I'm fed up already.

I accidentally skipped school today (yeah, I woke up at 8 AM when the school starts at 7.30 AM, even thou I still have to catch up a score. Then my mom went to my school and talked to my teachers. When she got home, she brought a list of scores I should finish. Wth?! I tried to fill those scores in a week and there's still a bunch of it? Meh, now I fully don't care about my scores anymore.

Despite of my bloody annoying situation, I got PointFive's Doushinen some weeks ago. It consists Select Me, COLOUR and Kimi Reflection singles. Oh well, then having the COLOUR single separated is useless. Not really thou, it's my first PointFive collection. Okay, okay, straight to the review!

1. キミレフレクション (All Members)
With simple opening and followed with drum plays, it makes you want to tap your fingers. I think it sounds like an opening for an anime. The chorus is catchy because when it comes, it draws you into a big tap--kinda high note. Overall, it's a cheery song. And amu's voice totally cool here o///o

2. Away we go (clear feat. じゃっく・タイツォン・らっぷびと)
It's my favorite track of all. At first you'll hear single piano plays. You'll probably enjoy it from the first line. It plays echo as the back vocals and kinda upbeat. Well it should be, there're some rap parts. You can also hear the tune flows nicely before it goes back to the upbeat mode. The chorus itself is energetic. My favorite part is when they sing 'When love is found'. There're two back vocals that come in slight time differences with the main one. Rapbit's rap isn't flat all along and it sounds amazing.

3. ポラリス (あさまる・clear)
One word--lullaby. Not really, it's just the flowing of the song is so smooth that can bring you to sleep. You'll hear clear and Asamaru reach the high tone perfectly here. Thou near the ending parts they sang in low tones, and nicely ended with simple piano.

4. Select Me (All Member)
Starts with the chorus, this is obviously isn't a sad song. They voices take turns in right place, it fits them. Most of all, there're some enjoyable rap parts!! Starts with Mii-chan, turns to Dasoku, then other members, so on. Thou they pronounce 'Please select me' in the wrong way..

5. ヒステリ (amu・あさまる)
As the title says (Histeria, in English) it's a rock song with guitar and drum plays all around. Even thou in some lyrics amu and Asamaru sing purposely flat, you still can hear the rock-song sense. It becomes perfect when they touch the high notes in the chorus.

6. 少年銀河 (あさまる・amu・みーちゃん)
It only takes short time until the song drags you to the chorus where only Asamaru and amu singing. Continued with Mii-chan, the song plays peacefully until you're back to the chorus. It keeps repeating the same pattern yet it's still worth to listen many times.

7. imagined nation (蛇足・みーちゃん)
Opens with a drum guitar play and followed with Dasoku's voice, if I can say the guitar is what you'll use for rock song. But this song isn't really that.. rock-ish. It's more like a 80s song in some parts. Adding claps sounds makes this song looks like it's made to entertain lots of people. Mii-chan also doesn't always use his.. low voice like in other songs. If only he always sings that way, he'll probably be my favorite male singer besides clear and amu.

8. ラブアトミック・トランスファー (蛇足・clear)
Made by papiyon, this song sure reminds you of one of his songs. For me, I thought they sing Miku's Glorious World since the opening is similar. Both also start with low toned lyrics. The chorus also similar but of course there're still lots of differences with Glorious World. Personally, somehow the song tells me about struggling over anything. I totally love the piano plays here~

9. Holography (amu・蛇足・みーちゃん)
They're covering GUMI's song! It's not really new I'd say, yet it's a really good rock song. Of course there's also drum plays along. Also either when amu sings in low or high, he sounds kinda same and never be bothered by it. Mii-chan also sings it energetically with his low-toned voice. And Dasoku sounds calm here, makes me think he acts cool while singing this.

10. Risky Game (amu・clear・みーちゃん)
The original is.. Miku singing it? Nah, I haven't listened to the original version thou I sometimes saw it in Youtube. Starts with clear's sudden voice, the song is kinda.. classic? Well, since I thought I heard violin plays. Thou in some parts the drum play doesn't really match the surroundings.

11. COLOUR -full colour ver.- (All Members)
Chorus comes first, continued with a part where one sing main vocal and the others are backing. This kind of song always make me want to sway my head right-left. The chorus itself is really.. um, crowded? Anyway, I love when the members count numbers in whisper before they get back to the cheery surroundings.

12. フタリボシ (蛇足・あさまる)
It starts calmly, and with Dasoku humming--as I heard. The song is like describing the calm, peaceful night. Just like when you stargaze in such place like a hill. It suits when you want to hear a song to make you sleep.

13. ほんの少しのさよなら (All Members)
My 2nd favorite song from this album. The starts may make you think it's a flat, boring, low-toned song but wait until you hear the chorus--you'll be amazed. At least that what happened to me. I think it tells about how a person is being hurt really bad because he broke up? Because the Japanese word for 'hurt' or 'itai' is being repeated in the chorus. Anyway, the drum plays make the song is kinda upbeat. The song is ended when they sing the title--honno sukoshi no sayonara.

14. 流星スイングバイ (All Members ft. じゃっく)
From the beginning, even before there isn't anyone singing, you can tell it's a cheery song. But before the chorus comes, it doesn't really make you want to swing your head. The chorus also shows how all members plus Jack sound amazing together. Anyway, I just realize how Jack sounds really similar with Asamaru.

Phew, sorry if the review is much worse than others. The songs are plenty. Anyway, I have romanized some lyrics. Maybe I'll post them next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment