Saturday, February 4, 2012

歌ってみた Album Review - step on

amu's first album! Can you imagine it?! Some weeks before it was released, his PV for Silvia (the first song in step on, made by buzzG) was posted and HE SHOWS HIMSELF! It was surprising, I admit. I haven't imagined how amu looks like. I never watched his namahousou even thou I really want to (I don't know how T__T). I'll put the PV at the end of this post. Anyway in the album, the last song--step on--was made by amu himself. Kinda different with stopping on the way. I'll begin my review then.

1. Silvia
Typical rock song--you'll be greeted by guitar and drum plays. Get into the lyrics, the instrumental moves slower. I really enjoy amu's low voice here, contrast with the energetic instrumental yet it somehow completes each other. Near to the chorus, it starts touching the high notes. And don't ask, amu doesn't sound like he has any difficulties with the notes. I have to admit that this is the first song I like from buzzG. With VOCALOID, he usually uses GUMI and maybe because GUMI sounds kinda flat, so it doesn't make any great impression for me.

2. Cinderella Syndrome (シンデレラシンドローム)
It sounds kinda playful at the first, the lyrics start with slow-flowing tone and low voiced amu. Slowly, towards the chorus the high notes come. I always like how amu's vibration in the end of each lyrics livens up the tones--it makes the song doesn't know what 'flat' means. amu doesn't always use his vibration, he sometimes only uses it in the chorus. You know, there're a lot of utaite also has vibrations like that but they use it in every corner of the songs. I don't really like that kind of singing style.

3. Marygold
Another song by buzzG. I remember I requested someone to post a link to download this song, but it was GUMI's version--the original. But I don't remember anything about the song. Maybe I didn't download it *shrugs* Anyway it starts with a rather peaceful drum and guitar play. You don't have to wait too long until the vocal comes. amu's voice isn't that flat if you compare with Silvia. It doesn't have that high note like in Silvia either, but it has more high notes part.

4. nightbreak
Somehow the opening kinda reminds me of Miku's Kagerou Days, especially with the guitar plays. The vocal comes without being too fancy--sometimes flat is needed, you know. Then it's followed with cool guitar plays again, more energetic. The chorus itself sounds.. like, showing depression? I have no clue about the lyrics, so don't blame me if it tells about happiness and stuff. Anyway you can hear an awesome guitar play in the interlude.


5. Maboroshi no Oukoku (まぼろしの王国)
Nem's work huh. Can't expect more--it's absolutely good. The instrumental comes without slowing down until it nears the vocal. I think no one fits the song best besides amu. With his vibration, the song never sound flat even though he goes with low tone. The drum that plays along the vocal also sound enjoyable. amu shows his high voice in the chorus while the instrumental plays... violin? Yeah, I think it is. Leaving the chorus, the vocal comes to the low tone and the slow one. Even the lyrics jump from the lowest to the highest, amu doesn't sound having any difficulties singing it.

6. Away we go ft. Shirokuro
My favorite song all the way~ Featuring Shirokuro as the rapper, I think I can't ask for more. But I feel sorry I have to say that amu's version doesn't sound so energetic than the original one (clear, Jack, Tightson and Rapbit's version). No, maybe not energetic but.. fresh? The original version is much clearer than amu's (it has clear on it, of course). Singing style, yep. If clear's version sounds light, this one is a lot heavier. Anyway, I don't know why but I think amu's voice sounds 'pressed' here. That's what I think ._.

7. Lost Nightingale ft. KakiChoco (ロスト・ナイチンゲイル)
Best track in the album!--for me. Starts with a simple piano plays and amu's vocal which comes not long after, maybe you'll be surprised with the electric guitar coming along. It simply turns to a rock song from the 'peaceful' sound. Gosh, I really love the electric guitar plays here--it's amazing! Also before the chorus, KakiChoco's vocal joins with buzzy effect (or whatever it's called with). Right before the chorus, she screams, 'Naichingeru'. Maybe not that metal-song kind of scream but it does sound that she uses all her energy to say that one word. Chorus is back to amu followed by KakiChoco. My favorite part is when KakiChoco sings and amu follows as the back vocal with different lyrics. I can't help but shaking my head with the rhythm.

8. step on
Another amu's song made by himself after stopping on the way~ It's a lot different from stopping on the way which gives you energetic and bright sense. It's slower and I think it tries to support you to keep looking forward--I said I THINK. The instrumental is not something much layered--just a simple piano play at the start and followed by slow drum. Mostly you'll enjoy amu's low tone before he reaches the highest one in the chorus.

Overall, this album is a must-have if you call yourself amu's fan. I mean, it's his first album guys, go get it. Now that I just realized I haven't posted in last two months. Been busy with my livejournal. Well, it's not really different with this blog but I mostly post romanized lyrics there. Check them here if you have time.

And, and, I can't believe that PointFive will take a break from singing o_o I don't know why but I read that they're busy by their own. Let's list them down--clear has his duet with nero, amu just started making his own album, Asamaru has the Asamakku, Mii-chan and Dasoku are both joined in RootFive. Man, what can I say? I really love this vocal group. Okay, maybe they're not really effecting me like Cu6ic did but still.. Optimistic! They only take a break, that means one day they will sing again, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment